The 2023 Jetta GLI
Eye-catching and heart-racing, the 2023 Volkswagen Jetta GLI gives the best of both worlds. German-engineered thrills and bold style.View Inventory
Horsepower and Torque
228 HP, 358 lb-ft
6-speed manual transmission or 7-speed DSG® with Tiptronic®
6.1 seconds – 6-speed manual transmission
7.9L / 100 km, Combined, 8-speed automatic
7.9 L / 100 km, Combined, 6-speed manual
Feel the excitement of the 228-hp 2.0 TSI® engine.
Smart tech, better drive
The Jetta GLI puts a host of customizable, drive-enhancing tech at your fingertips, like the standard 10.25” Digital Cockpit Pro and standard Wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™.
From the striking red pinstripe up front to the dual exhausts at the rear, the GLI is an all-around treat for the eyes.
Rarin' to go
No matter how long your drive, it’ll feel all too short with the thrilling performance of the 228-hp 2.0 TSI® turbocharged engine.
Take the wheel
Parking and maneuvering downtown feels practically effortless with progressive variable-ratio steering. On twisting roads and at higher speeds, the steering adjusts to a more direct ratio for a confidence-inspired feel with immediate, accurate response.
Mechanical limited-slip differential
Curve your enthusiasm
The mechanical limited-slip differential automatically adjusts torque between the front wheels for precise cornering. Just point the wheel, punch the gas, and go.2
Performance disc brakes
Stop and stare
The GLI drives amazing and stops just as well thanks to the reliable and powerful 16” rear and 17” front performance disc brakes with red calipers.
Tap into gear
The GLI paddle shifters*give you more engine control and let you quickly and simply switch gears with both hands on the leather-wrapped multi-function sport steering wheel.
*Automatic transmission only
Dynamic Chassis Control
A perfect balance
At the touch of a button, the computer-controlled Dynamic Chassis Control adjusts to your preferred level of razor-sharp handling and ultimate driving comfort.
Design and comfort
18” Phantom wheels
On a roll
The bold exterior of the GLI is rounded out with the beautiful new 18” Black Phantom Wheels. It’s style and performance all rolled into one.
Just look up
From the roof to the windshield and, of course, rail to rail, the available Panoramic Sunroof gives you quite the view in the GLI.
Ventilated and Heated Front Seats
Nice and warm (or cool)
Cool down for summer and warm up for winter with standard ventilated and heated front seats plus heated rear seats.
Enhanced décor & stitching
The black leather seats with red perforation, contrast stitching, and dark hairline red gloss trim look as cool as you’ll feel while sitting in them. Speaking of cool, the brushed stainless-steel pedals, black headliner, illuminated door sills, and leather gearshift knob prove are sure to impress everyone inside.
Brilliant LED headlights, tail lights, and daytime running light all come standard in the GLI. They light up the road beautifully for you without distracting the driver behind you.
Whether shining in the sun or from the LED tail lights, the fully-functional dual exhausts in the rear bumper give the GLI a nice, bold finish.
Technology and Convenience
Volkswagen Digital Cockpit Pro
Meet your co-pilot
Your daily commutes and weekend road trips just got better with the standard 10.25” Volkswagen Digital Cockpit Pro. Now, you can customize your dash with the info you want, at a single touch. Display full-screen navigation, music and album art, travel times, fuel economy, range and more.
Wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™*
Cut the cords
Gone are the days when you fumble for cords. With standard Wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, your iPhone® or Android™ displays directly on the touchscreen display of your GLI.
*Do not drive distracted. Drivers must pay full attention to the road and safe driving at all time.
All charge. No cables.
Leave your charger at home? No need to turn back thanks to standard Wireless Charging for compatible devices.
Open from afar
Unlock your GLI with your pocket? Sort of. As long as you have your keys on you while approaching your GLI, the KESSY keyless fob can unlock it.
The BeatsAudio® premium sound system features 6 speakers and a bass-pumping subwoofer tuned to perfection.
An intelligent suite of active safety and driver assistance features* designed to keep you and everyone around you, protected.
- Travel Assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Assist
- Emergency Assist
- Side Assist (Blind spot monitor with Rear Traffic Alert)
- Front Assist with Autonomous Emergency Braking with pedestrian and cyclist monitoring
Convenient, cutting-edge tech designed to enhance your driving experience.
- Park Distance Control (front and rear)
- Park Assist
- Light Assist
- Dynamic Road Sign Display
Set the mood
With 10 colours of Interior Ambient Lighting, you can fine-tune the GLI cabin with the exact vibe you want.
Choose your drive
Go your way with the choice between standard 6-Speed Manual Transmission or available 8-Speed Automatic.
Get a head start
With key fob remote start and available Car-Net® Remote Start, your GLI is ready to go at the touch of a button.
The GLI packs some serious get-up-and-go with 228-hp and a full 258 ft-lb of torque.
Yes. A turbocharged 2.0 TSI® engine to be specific.
Remote Start is one of over 20 features in the Car-Net® App and works on automatic transmission Jetta GLI models only. Remote Start by Key Fob comes standard.
The 2023 Jetta GLI is made in Puebla, Mexico – the same plant that manufactures the Tiguan and the Taos.
Yes. The BeatsAudio Premium Audio System is standard on the Jetta GLI.
Yes. Car-Net® is standard on the 2023 Jetta GLI.
1. Base MSRP of a new and unregistered 2023 Jetta GLI with 6-speed manual is $32,295. $1,750 freight and PDI, $100 air conditioning levy, licence, insurance, registration, levies, options, dealer administration fees (if applicable) and applicable taxes are extra. Dealer may sell for less. Dealer order/trade may be necessary.
2. Please drive safely and obey all local traffic laws, including speed limits.
3. Fuel consumption figures are estimates based on Natural Resources Canada’s approved criteria and testing methods. Refer to the EnerGuide 2023 for Natural Resources Canada’s estimated fuel consumption figures. Actual fuel consumption will vary based on driving conditions, driver habits and the vehicle’s condition, weight carried and additional equipment.
4. Requires compatible mobile device running iOS 12, Android 8, or higher, with cellular service. Access to the desktop web portal requires a compatible internet browser. Microsoft Internet Explorer is not supported.
5. Up to 26% savings compared to the cost of paying for maintenance, on a per service basis. Potential savings percentage determined using the average savings amount of all model/year plans vs. the retail cost of individual services in 2022. See dealer for details.